Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let me introduce myself (cue the banjos and imagine it spoken with a southern twang)....


Well, hey there y'all. My name is Katie. I come from a land where people have only a few teeth, and their one good tooth is put to good use tearing apart those baby back ribs. There are 10 junk cars in our front or backyards and we use duct tape to keep our Christmas decorations up on our porches. Everything is so fatty and sweet that by the time we drink our first sweet tea, we are already halfway diabetic and by the time we are 10, our blood pressure and cholesterol scream, "Put me on the Cheerios diet!" Our husbands and dogs use the same tree when they go out for a walk, according to the hi-larious Jeff Foxworthy. Yep, you might've guessed it. I am from the Southern United States. Good ol' Dixie, the land of the long leaf pine. North Carolina, to be exact. We're not really like that, though. Don't listen to all the stereotypes. (Just the ones I tell you to, okay?) I sure do miss NC. Maybe I'll get back there one of these days. This picture shows where I am now.




I was transplanted to Berlin, Germany in 2006 so I could marry my high school sweetheart, Martin. We met when he was an exchange student. Now, almost 9 years later, we have a beautiful daughter who I shall refer to as Baby Bug (but I can assure you, it's not Bobbie Sue or Billie Jo) who was born in April of 2008. We couldn't be any happier with her. She is the apple of our eyes. I stay pretty busy with her, so if you don't hear from me for awhile, that's what I am doing. However, when I do keep up with my blog, I'll try to make it something worth reading. (Even if I am the only one reading it.) I want it to be about things I love. I love crafts, cooking and baking, making photographs, German culture, and sharing funny stories. So, expect a mix of these things. Anyhoo, that's all for now. See ya soon!

(End of banjos playing.)

1 comment:

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

hehe! This post is funny, Katie. The name of your blog is TOO cute. You're making me have lots of these:

:)

Katie