Thursday, April 2, 2009

Reasons for Blogging... it's like frosting on a cake!


You don't know what kind of cake is underneath, do you? I won't tell!



Someone said to me recently, "I don't understand why anyone would want to put their private life out on the internet." I thought of something I had read once. "We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results." Herman Melville said that. I think it explains one reason why people blog. Anyhoo, here are some more reasons to blog:

1. It is intellectually stimulating. You may be surprised that I put that in there since my blog doesn't seem very intellectual, but think about this. In high school or college, you learned how to write essays, poetry, etc. Even 5 years later, would you be able to write like you did before? If you don't use it, you lose it. Blogging is a great way to stay on top of your skills.

2. It is therapeutic and relaxing. It allows me a little time to reflect which can either make you laugh your tushie off, or smile because such wonderful memories warm your heart.

3. I can make other people's days just a little brighter by inspiring them, or making them laugh. It really is a nice feeling to make someone else smile.

4. It helps me keep in touch with family and friends. It is a lot easier for them to check in on what I've been up to at any time they feel like doing so. Plus, it saves me some money on my phone bill.

5. People can learn more about me, specifically family and friends who already know some things about me. Like my mother, for example, doesn't even know that I am working on some party favors for Baby Bug's birthday party. She and YOU will be able to not only hear about them, but see them in the coming days.

So, you see, it's not my most personal things that I am sharing, just the things you would see on the top of a cake, so to speak. This is the frosting of my life.


2 comments:

KatieBug4aHug said...

Sorry, grandma. You are not the "someone". Haha!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Go Katie, go! I'm really excited!